Job Interview Questions
If you already got a job interview then congratulations!, now you are in the final step of a job hunting process.
You should know that job interviews are for employers to know you better, at this moment you're not anymore just a resume but a human being, so, this is your time, the time when you should give a good impression to your interviewers and let them know you are a good professional and can give much to their company.
Before the Interview:
- Review the types of interviews
- Practice with some friends, ask them to make you some questions as an interview.
- Think about your skills, qualities and personal characteristics, make a list about the experience you have and how it can help you in the job you want.
- If you had the opportunity to solve some difficult situation in any other job, speak about that, to show the employer you can make good decisions.
- List the extracurricular activities related to the job you're aplying for.
- Review the information about the company and the job position.
- Write in paper some possible questions that you think will be asked in the interview, think about some response, do not memorize it but be prepared.
- Also make a list with some questions that you will ask the employer.
- Make questions that demonstrate you are really interested in the job.
- Dress properly for the interview.
- Know the questions that you don't need to ask because it could be an illegal interview.
During the interview:
- Be punctual, 15 minutes before of the interview hour will be ok.
- If something unexpected happened to you, call the company as soon as you can to advice.
- Explain de trouble and ask for any other time to be interviewed.
- At the place of the interview, greet everyone in the room, shaking hands and making eye contact. Give a good first impression.
- Do not ever show arrogance, be self assured but not arrogant.
- Always make eye contact, show some smiles if necessary but do not exagerate.
- When answering the questions, give clear, concise and effective answers.
- Let the employer know you are confortable with the interview.
- Make those questions you've been thinking about to ask the employer.
- At the end of the interview, also say good bye shaking hands and being polite, thank for the employer's time and consideration.
After the Interview:
- After finishing the interview begin to write a thanks letter.
- The thank letter is to make the employer remember your interest in the job vacancy.
- Send it by e-mail or paper.
- Reiterate your qualifications and your possible contributions to the organization.
- Send a thank letter even if you have a second interview.
Job Interview Questions:
Some questions that are used in many job interviews are:
- Tell me about yourself
- Why did you leave your last job?
- What experience do you have in this field?
- Do you consider yourself successful?
- What do co-workers say about you?
- What do you know about this organization?
- What have you done to improve your knowledge in the last year?
- Are you applying for other jobs?
- Why do you want to work for this organization?
- Do you know anyone who works for us?
- What kind of salary do you need?
- How long would you expect to work for us if hired?
- Have you ever had to fire anyone? How did you feel about that?
- What is your philosophy towards work?
- If you had enough money to retire right now, would you?